Labels

Monday 26 December 2011

It's after Christmas, let's see what is planned for this blog for 2012

So I made it through the Christmas marathon. The food is eaten, the presents are opened, and today is the day for the time-honoured tradition of going to the store to take advantage of the post-Christmas sales. Sherri and I are hoping to go to Chunky's this evening, something we have done every Christmas that we've been in Massachusetts.  Even though it's an example of starting two businesses at once, it works.  There's something charming about having a burger and a beer while watching a movie on the big screen.


Looking Back

This blog has been a fun adventure for me since it started in November.  I think it's matured very quickly and I've got some good content and nearly 3000 pageviews since I began.  The most popular article by far was Green and Pink with 970 pageviews, and the least was probably the one on Acquired Tastes.  That's hard to tell for certain, though because I changed blog hosts around that time and lost track of the number of page views.

I've had some fun distilling down what I've been learning in the MBA and in the process was even able to write about a consulting project.  I've met and interacted with new and interesting people that I wouldn't have if I hadn't done this blog.  It's been a really worthwhile project.


Looking Forward to the New Year

Until now I've posted articles somewhat haphazardly, just to get some content on this blog. Now that I have a few good articles about marketing, strategy and finance, I am going to try and post on a more regular basis. The plan is to post a new article every Monday, starting with this one. 2012 will hopefully incorporate guest articles once a month, as well as Consulting for Swag updates!

My first guest article is already in the process of being arranged, and will hopefully be ready before the end of January. If you have something relevant to say and would like to be a guest blogger, contact me and we'll work something out.

2012 promises to be busy, but time permitting I'd also like to get some videos made and posted on here. I think it could be really interesting to show some concepts that are harder to explain.  We'll see if I can swing that and still get my coursework done.

So thank you, everyone, for taking the time to read and follow along with me.  I hope you've found it interesting so far, and that it improves from here!  In the spirit of the season I'll leave you with:


A few Christmas facts

  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was originally a story/colouring book that was created as promotional material for the department store Montgomery Ward
  • The "magi" aka. wise men who visited the baby Jesus were likely Zoroastrian astrologers from Iran. There's no mention of how many there were and according to the text they arrived around 2 years after Christmas eve, when the family had moved into a house.
  • NORAD has been tracking Santa's flight since 1955. This started when Sears department store advertised a phone number for Santa that was misprinted and ended up connecting children to NORAD's precursor organization, CONAD.  The workers who received the calls gave the children the "current location" of Santa, and the tradition continued ever since.

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment